Here you will be able to find different recepies to go with our wines. You will also be able to find pairings as well as hosting your own tasting ideas.
Food & Wine Pairings:
- Blanc de Crescent: Grilled goat cheese, fresh figs, wrapped in prosciutto or smoked salmon
- Rock Valley White: Parmesan encrusted tilapia, aged Swiss cheese
- Whitewater Rush: Garlic rotisserie pork loin, smoked Swiss cheese
- Horizon Cuvee: Roasted Chicken, grilled lemon herb pork chops, peanut butter cookies
- Estate Blanc: clove spiced roasted ham, also makes a great mulled spiced wine
- Maiden Blush: fig cake, strawberries
- Estate Reserve: beef wellington, > 5 year aged cheddar
- Release 3: well marbled ribeye steak, garlic roasted Wisconsin red potatoes, Bellivitano cheese
- Lady In Red: ***SEE BELOW***, and chocolate!!
- Richmond Rouge: Thanksgiving Dinner, fresh buttered bread, Cranberry Cheddar Cheese
- Ouro Classico: with Elegant Farmer Apple Pie baked in a paper bag, or a slice of pear with a slice of blue cheese topped with a pecan.
Recipes with Wine
Beef Tenderloin Tips with Portabella Mushrooms in a Lady In Red Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds of beef tenderloin
- 1 cup Lady In Red
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large frying pan, add oil and brown the meat well on all sides. Add the wine and simmer, uncovered, until the wine is reduced by half. Add the beef stock and simmer, covered for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, prepare the flour and butter mixture. Lightly brown the flour in the melted butter. When the meat has simmered for 1 hour in the wine and stock, add the flour and butter mixture to the sauce, stirring to thicken. Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste). Cover and simmer until very tender at least another half and hour. This goes well with Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes, noodles, or rice.
Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 medium baking potatoes (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Peel and quarter potatoes. Cook, covered, in boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or till tender; drain. Add butter, milk, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic to drained potatoes and beat with an electric mixer on low speed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.